Job Opportunity: Online Organizer
Promise Arizona (PAZ), a project of the Center for Community Change, is a new membership organization whose mission is to recruit, train and support a new generation of leaders from across the state to build a new Arizona, one that allows all residents to achieve their full potential (or promise).
Skills required: Strong communications skills (especially writing), strategic thinking and a strong work ethic are a must for this position. The ideal candidate will also have experience planning, writing, configuring and launching email communications to generate real-world advocacy results on the ground (recruiting volunteers for events, message/calls to decision-makers, letters to the editor, fund-raising).
Promise Arizona is focused on building our e-advocacy, e-fundraising, and e-education activities through testing and innovation. The Online Organizer will play the lead role in configuring, writing, editing, and tracking outbound emails and e-newsletters. S/he also leads writing, editing, configuring, promoting and management of our website. S/he assists in identifying and implementing new online technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on line strategies to achieve the goals of Promise Arizona.
- Lead website design and promotion.
- Regularly update Facebook and other social media venues.
- Write, edit, configure and test Promise Arizona emails and accompanying action and event forms and other landing pages, auto responders and tell-a-friend messages.
- Develop online plans for local and state organizing efforts that articulate strategy, tactics and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Work with the field staff to identify local opportunities for engagement where strategically valuable and execute state/local/regional focused campaign components.
- Write and configure messages and landing pages and social networking appeals to recruit participants and donors.
- Train Arizona staff and volunteers in new media tools and strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists including national print media, trade press, radio, television and online publications
- Provide background to staff and members on messaging and media relations
- Manage and attend media related events and programs as well as support and arrange media interviews
- Draft and edit press releases and organizational statements consistent with PAZ messaging
- Monitor news and information services and advise staff of any issues having potential impact in the immigrant community
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in related discipline;
- Experience: 2+ years of online campaign or related experience and in media or public relations;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Experience planning and managing e-campaigns and on-line fundraising appeals.
- Outstanding e-mail writing and editing skills for diverse audiences and with diverse goals
- Experience leveraging online tactics to facilitate offline advocacy and organizing
- Experience with e-CRM (e-Constituent Relationship Management) and CMS (Content Management System) software platforms
- Knowledge of immigration issues a plus.
Reports to: Petra Falcon, Executive Director, Promise Arizona
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: “JOB: Online Organizer”